Filtering facepiece respirators (FFR), which are sometimes called disposable respirators, are subject to various regulatory standards around the world.These standards specify certain required physical properties and performance characteristics in order for respirators to claim compliance with the particular standard.
This document is only intended to help clarify some key similarities between such references, specifically to the following FFR performance standards:
- KN95 (China GB2626-2006)
- N95 (United States NIOSH-42CFR84)
- FFP2 (Europe EN 149-2001)
- P2 (Australia/New Zealand AS/NZA 1716:2012)
- Korea 1st class (Korea KMOEL – 2017-64)
- DS2 (Japan JMHLW-Notification 214, 2018)